httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: ScriptAlias-like extensions for perl etc
Date Sat, 27 Apr 1996 03:19:18 GMT
On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Tony Sanders wrote:

> Hmmm, maybe it should even be a URL like thing where
> ScriptServer is like ScriptAlias and ``coserver'' is
> whatever we call the thing...  servercgi maybe?  Hmmm?
>
>     ScriptServer /my_application coserver://www.otherhost.com:60/extra_pathinfo

Regardless of the feature, I'd much perfer it was implemented along
the lines of

<Location /my_application>
ScriptServer coserver://www.otherhost.com:60/extra_pathin
</Location>

This not only is more modular in its approach (and allows you to
define other things along with it), but it's a tiny bit faster for
requests that aren't to /my_application (because they don't have to
strncmp() the URI against each ScriptServer entry). Not that it makes
*that* much a difference, but eh...

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>