httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: implementing CONNECT
Date Wed, 24 Apr 1996 02:26:33 GMT
On Tue, 23 Apr 1996 sameer@c2.org wrote:

> 	This is what I'm considering doing, let me know if it seems
> like the right way of doing it:
>
> Modify Alexei's "Script PUT" stuff to include "CONNECT"
>
> Write a handler which does CONNECT (just a select() bit proxy)
>
> Create "Handler PUT/POST/GET/CONNECT"
> 	which is just like Script PUT/POST/GET except it points to a
> specific handler (Using Alexei's new way of pointing at handlers)
> rather than a script...

This seems rather a roundaout way of doing it. Simply adding CONNECT
to the list of methods (located in httpd.h) and then adding a handler
for */*, that looks something like this:

int connect_handler (request_rec *r)
{
    if (r->method_number != M_CONNECT) return DECLINED;

    /* Do connect stuff */

    return OK;
}

This should work fine. A request URI of "hostname:port" and a method
of CONNECT will be ignored by everything else, so it should arrive at
this handler without anything touching it.

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>