httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Web Week Apache misquote
Date Wed, 24 Apr 1996 02:17:15 GMT
On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Joachim Vance wrote:

>   "While the commercial market is growing, free servers still dominate.
>   According to the lastest Netcraft Web Server Survey, the National Center
>   for Supercomputing Applications Web server enjoys 28 percent of the
>   market, followd by the Macintosh-based Apache HTTP Server Product, with
>   27 percent.  Third is Netscape with 17 percent."

Well, if it's in print, it must be true... I've actually been toying
with the idea of trying to port Apache to the Mac. If we ever get that
psuedo-threaded version RST's been working on in a workable shape, it
might not be *too* difficult. (hah)

Thing is, as far as I remember, the Mac doesn't have a decent free web
server. It's got a couple in the $200+ range, and I think a simple
shareware one ($50). Maybe Apache could find a place there someday...

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>