httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: b1 error?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 1996 04:17:30 GMT
On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Garey Smiley wrote:

> Is anyone else getting the following error compiling Apache 1.1b1?
>
> gcc -c -O2 http_protocol.c
> http_protocol.c: In function `rvputs':
> http_protocol.c:765: `v' undeclared (first use this function)
> http_protocol.c:765: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> http_protocol.c:765: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [http_protocol.o] Error 1

Hmm. Compiles here, with nary a warning (even at -Wall), which is
interesting, since v is indeed undeclared. Looking at the function,
which start out with

int
rvputs(request_rec *r, ...)
{
    va_list args;
    va_start (args, r);
        x = va_arg(args, const char *);

and ends up with

            va_end(v);
    va_end(v);
}

I think that the va_end(v) occurances should be replaced with
va_end(args). It seems to work either way here. But I could be
wrong. Can someone who knows more about varargs than I do comment on
this?

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>