httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: Suffixes
Date Sat, 13 Apr 1996 00:38:27 GMT
On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Why not the handler ?  It should revert to its original value (can it be
> different from NULL ?), otherwise files like are sent to
> the handler for "hdl", which I would think is incorrect.

I suppose it'd be best to return to the original value. The problem is
that while content types are set only in the find_types() phase of a
request, handlers can be set anywhere prior to invoke_handler(). So if
you've used something like ScriptAlias or a <Directory> section to set
the handler, you probably don't want it unset by a errant filename.

> Finally, find_ct doesn't return DECLINED anymore, but I'm not sure if
> this has any effect.

Probably not, as mime_module is the last module processed, before
core_module. I don't see that as a problem.

Alexei Kosut <>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <>

View raw message