httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: mod_negotiation on AddHandler
Date Tue, 09 Apr 1996 22:49:55 GMT
On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:

> It looks like replacing all `AddType CGI_MAGIC_TYPE cgi' directives
> with `AddHandler cgi-script cgi' directives breaks Multi for .cgi
> files.

Hmm..

> Having the AddType directive allows a call to /blah/foo to run
> DOC_ROOT/blah/foo.cgi if Multi is on for DOC_ROOT/blah.  Having both
> directives doesn't change this, regardless of order.  Relying
> exclusively on the Addhanlder directive, though, results in a not
> found error.

You're right. The problem is that using a handler causes the CGI
script to not have a content type (it gets added later, in the
handling of the CGI module), and for some reason, whomever wrote
mod_negotation caused it to skip files without content types. It's a
simple fix, and I've just fixed and committed it.

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>