httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Release 1.1
Date Fri, 05 Apr 1996 09:41:42 GMT
On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Mark J Cox wrote:

> I've seen a number of patches float by on this list over the last few
> weeks that never got submitted to CVS.   If we are ever going to get
> a public 1.1 beta out we need to have some sort of timetable and stick
> to it.

I agree.

> To get the ball rolling here is my draft timetable.  Please kick it
> around.
>
> By April 12th - all floating patches applied to CVS tree
> On April 12th
>    No more features to be added to the CVS tree (maybe use a sub-branch?)
>    Current CVS zip renamed for developers to try
>    Voting started.  I don't think it was ever decided how this will work.
>    It could be a single vote for the whole thing, or for individual
>    new features.

I think it has to be for the whole thing. Not really any good way I
can see to remove specific patches without destroying patches based on
it. (if someone decided they suddenly didn't like David Robinson's
buff patch, for example...) Though I think seperate votes on new
patches to remove features could (and should) be entertained.

> April 19th - Voting closes and changes made to CVS tree.  1.1b1 released
>    publically

Sounds good to me. +1

--

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>

    "Right. Fair. Decent. Either the person saying them believes in
     those concepts or not. If not, then those words mean that he's
     got somebody standing behind me with a knife in his hand. And if
     he *does* beleive them, then those words mean I'm going to win."

                                - From _Xenocide_, by Orson Scott Card