httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: draft release
Date Mon, 01 Apr 1996 23:29:07 GMT
On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Mmm, I'm not sure I like this. Too commercial. A simple quote from
> a developer (Alexei ?) would fit in better.
> "It keeps me off the streets" commented Alexei .......

> or something like..
> "The Apache project is yet another example of the unix internet
> community working together to produce state of the art products
> that industry so often fails to deliver"

How about...

Speaking of Apache's competition in the packed World Wide Web server
arena, Apache Group developer Alexei Kosut remarked that "While
commercial servers are limited by profit margins and corporate
politics, a free server like Apache is limited only by the
imagination." In fact, the Apache Group is working furiously on a new
version of their server, which Kosut promises will have "more new
features than you can shake a stick at. Netscape [Communications
Corporation] can kiss our [deleted]!"

Or is that too polite? ;)

Alexei Kosut <>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <>

    "Right. Fair. Decent. Either the person saying them believes in
     those concepts or not. If not, then those words mean that he's
     got somebody standing behind me with a knife in his hand. And if
     he *does* beleive them, then those words mean I'm going to win."

                                - From _Xenocide_, by Orson Scott Card

View raw message