httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: apache1.1b1 documentation bug fix and suggestion
Date Tue, 30 Apr 1996 17:24:47 GMT
> John> Has anyone considered distributing the documentation HTML,
> John> Postscript, and source with the Apache source code distribution?
>
> I think this is a good idea.  We are planning to include the docs in
> our distribution.

On that note, a local luser here bugged me about the format of the .htaccess
files for Apache.  Inherently obvious I would think, but I gave him the
RTFM treatment and pointed him at the www.apache.org documentation.  He came
back complaining that all he could find was a long list of configuration
directives without any examples of where or how they should be used.  I
checked and had to agree and ended up pointing him at the NCSA docs at hoohoo
where they do have some idiot-level stuff.

Hopefully this is the kind of thing Laura is going to catch?

-Rasmus