httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: API change?
Date Mon, 22 Apr 1996 15:10:30 GMT
> It seems it would require us to assign 'classes' to modules.
> How do we deal with precedence of duplicate commands?

I think the classes are already there in a sense.  The module structure
fields for handler, filename trans, check user id, check auth, check access,
type checker, fixups, and logger are the groups.  One module may fit into
a couple of groups.  From this it should be possible to generate a listing
which shows the mime type and the modules which would operate on this
mime type in each of the 8 groups.  If multiple modules have an entry for
the same group for a particular mime type then it is listed in the order
that the modules are in.  It would be a nice tool for checking that you
have your modules linked in the correct order and that you have the modules
that you want.  The modules themselves should be able to probe this
listing to check for any conflicts/dependencies as well.

-Rasmus