httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: API Question - External Redirect
Date Sat, 20 Apr 1996 17:05:39 GMT
> in the Location: header); that is just how HTTP works.

I guess my confusion is based on the fact that a simple CGI script like:

    #!/bin/sh
    echo "Location: /"
    echo ""

Manages to do a redirect perfectly.  I don't see where a status 302 is sent
in this case.

> BTW, you do have an option other than explicitly setting r->status,
> which is to just return REDIRECT and let the server core dispatch
> machinery do it.  (That's how the CGI code forces redirects).

My module generates and sends the HTML directly.  If I were to simply
return REDIRECT then the server would append the header to the end of the
HTML already sent by my module (just tested this, and that's exactly what
happened).

I am setting r->status now before calling send_http_header() and it still
isn't going.  I am going to have to single step this thing and see where it
is getting lost.  I probably made some other assumption I shouldn't have.
Thanks for the help.

-Rasmus