httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: API Question - External Redirect
Date Sat, 20 Apr 1996 15:44:40 GMT
> Rasmus, it sounds like you may be forgetting to set r->status to REDIRECT,
> which is what actually causes the browser to go to the URL named in the
> Location: header.  The presence or absence of a Content-type line has
> nothing to do with it.

But send_http_header() does not check r->status anywhere.  I don't see how
setting the status would affect the headers that are sent.  And setting
r_status to REDIRECT in the server will certainly not magically cause the
browser to request another URL.  With an external redirect the browser must
at some point see the "Location" header and send a new request based on that.

I guess my confusion is deeper that you thought.

-Rasmus