httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Adobe: Byte range serving
Date Sat, 27 Apr 1996 01:32:38 GMT

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:15:10 -0400
To: fielding@ics.uci.edu
From: John-Henry Gross <jhgross@mv.us.adobe.com>
Subject: Byte range serving

Roy:
Through the description on the regular contributors page you seemed to be
the best person to send this message to. We at Adobe Systems would like to
Patch the Apache server to do byte range serving of HTTP. This is important
in order for PDF files to be downloaded a page at a time.

Who might we be able to talk to that is knowledgable about your source to
make sure we are doing this in the best way. If this work is already being
done, please let me know.

The reference to Byte Range Retrieval Extension to HTTP can be found at

 ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-range-retrieval-00.txt

Thank you for your attention
John-Henry Gross
Business Development Manager
Adobe Systems Incorporated