httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject web history
Date Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:54:06 GMT
I just watched (on TV) Roger Ebert explain to Tom Snyder how to
set up a home page on the Web.  It was even a good explanation.

Have you ever felt a paradigm shift so sudden that it knocked you
off the couch?  I don't know why this stuff seems so odd -- it was
the plan, after all, to put the Web in the hands of those who had
content to publish, and not just those of us with computer backgrounds.
I guess I just didn't expect it so fast.

Hey Brian, were you anticipating this back when we had dinner in Geneva?
The Web has gone from nonexistant, to a rising star, and now to pop culture
in less time than I've spent in graduate school.

......Roy

p.s. It looks like I'll be in Paris after all -- Inria is bringing me
     to organize the HTTP session on developer's day.  When are we planning
     the Apache party?  I'll be there May 4-12.