httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src Configuration.tmpl
Date Mon, 15 Apr 1996 15:59:15 GMT

> >:-) It is dangerous because it deletes things. More so now, because it
> >potentially deletes all things in subdirectories of the cache root. I freely
> >admit that this feature is entirely my fault. It is buggy because it currently
> >causes Apache to run out of file descriptors (I can probably fix that one). I
> >may be wrong about it being incomplete but I suspect there are some reality
> >checks missing.
>
> Then the changes are inappropriate for a beta relase; mod_proxy should be
> backed off to a more stable version.

The snag is that the reason I started messing with mod_proxy was the reported
bugs (after a suitable pause to let you fix them). I'm not sure there _is_ a
more stable version.

Also, without a directory tree structure instead of a flat filesystem it is
not going to work well in any realistic setup.

Cheers,

Ben.

>  David.

London, England.