httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: netscape keepalive windoze bug
Date Fri, 05 Apr 1996 10:14:03 GMT

> 	Could someone point me out to a webserver running apache
> keepalive that makes the netscape windoze client hang? I'd like to
> forward it on to my friend at Netscape who asked about it.
> 	(I've noticed that the best way to get a bug fixed was to talk
> to him rather than wait for the -bugs mail to netscape to be acted
> upon. I probably could have used this knowledge while I was at SGI,
> but why should SGI benefit when they're just paying me like a serf ;-)

Grrk.

I've reported this to Netscape already. I've also pointed Rob McCool at it, who
said they were "looking into it". On ssl-talk Netscape acknowledged a bug with
keepalive and SSL but I don't know if this is really the same bug.

Anyway, any server doing keepalive and dropping connections from the server
end will cause the problem. Just wait until the server drops the connection
and the next request (to the same server) hangs.

Cheers,

Ben.

> --
> Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
> Community ConneXion, Inc.			FAX:     510-601-9734
> The Internet Privacy Provider			Dialin:  510-658-6376
> http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net

London, England.