httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: ScriptAlias-like extensions for perl etc
Date Tue, 30 Apr 1996 11:13:40 GMT

> We've finally gotten our act together and put FastCGI up for the
> world to see:  http://www.fastcgi.com/ .

> I hope the Apache/FastCGI/Perl combination proves useful to
> people.  Let me know.

me too  :-)

I'm trying to install it now to speedup perl... My first
reaction is... have you talked to the perl folks about making
this easier to setup from a standard perl archive?

I just followed the instructions and got as far as a "make" failure..

  c89  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a /usr/local/src/fcgi-devel-kit//libfcgi/libfcgi.a
-lnet -ldb -ldld -lm -lc -lndir -lcrypt
  /bin/ld: Can't open /usr/local/src/fcgi-devel-kit//libfcgi/libfcgi.a
  /bin/ld: No such file or directory

Any ideas?

I started in a perl5.002 directory that had previously succeeding in
making a binary for HPUX (9.07).

/usr/local/src/fcgi-devel-kit//libfcgi/   exists but not "libfcgi.a".

Will the perl binary that gets created be compatible with the old one
I have, or is it specific to FastCGI ?

thanks.
rob