httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brown <mbr...@OpenMarket.com>
Subject Re: ScriptAlias-like extensions for perl etc
Date Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:50:50 GMT

Robert S. Thau said:

    FWIW, I believe FastCGI deals with some of the issues raised in (2),
    having discussed it a bit with the people from OpenMarket, though I
    *still* haven't seen the full spec.  (I've just pinged them again about
    this; I find their attitude *really* puzzling).

We've finally gotten our act together and put FastCGI up for the
world to see:  http://www.fastcgi.com/ .

What you'll find on the site today:
    Technical whitepaper
    Interface spec
    Apache FastCGI module (with a couple of obvious rough edges
      to be fixed later today)
    C application library
    Instructions for upgrading Perl and Tcl with FastCGI, and
      pre-built Perl and Tcl binaries for SunOS, Solaris,
      HP-UX, and Digital UNIX

All the software is available free under license terms similar to
those of the Tcl distribution.  We encourage others to modify what
we've provided, write new stuff that supports the interface, etc.

I hope the Apache/FastCGI/Perl combination proves useful to
people.  Let me know.

    --mark