httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: my whack at better status output
Date Mon, 29 Apr 1996 14:52:51 GMT
  Looks awful in lynx.  :(

Hmmm... what version of lynx?  (Do the rumors I hear about table-capable
versions have any substance?)

BTW, on the issue of multiple scoreboard passes, I'm not sure how much
of a practical concern that is --- after all, things can change even in
the middle of a *single* pass through the scoreboard.  The only way to
be sure that the output reflects the actual state of everything at a
single moment of time is to copy out a snapshot into a private buffer.
(This may not be the case with systems which store the scoreboard in a
file and do explicit resynchs, but it is definitely the case with the
shared-memory versions).

View raw message