httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Adobe: Byte range serving
Date Mon, 29 Apr 1996 03:49:06 GMT
Hmmm... the byte-range stuff *is* still in flux, and any code written
now may have to be adapted in minor ways to accomodate changes in the
spec, but I don't think we'd consider this for our own 1.1 release anyway.
If we view what they're doing now as exploratory work for integration into
a 1.2 release, then I expect that the spec would be more or less stable by
the time we'd be looking at seriously integrating it, anyway.

(I think full HTTP/1.1 conformance is a useful goal for the release after
1.1, whatever we call it, but it's a fair bit of work --- *particularly*
in the areas of cacheing and content-negotiation.  If someone who's reason-
ably competent wants to take part of that load off the rest of us, why
not?)

rst