httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Apache on CD
Date Sun, 28 Apr 1996 18:05:00 GMT

Something a luser just wrote to the bugs mail reminded me of
what I was thinking about earlier in the week..

It'd be worthwhile putting Apache onto a CD complete with a
pile of binaries.

Paul, from your FreeBSD experience do you think this is a good
idea and can we get Walnut Creek to do it for us in exchange for
somehting (what do we want?)

A CD could contain all the docs in HTML/ps/pdf, maybe an SSL version.
Other useful freebies could be bundled (if we're allowed) e.g.
Berkeley DB. Archives from comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix etc.

Mmm, maybe WC could archive that for us in return for the business.

thoughts?

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)