httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sam...@c2.org
Subject Re: util.c hole and speed of security patch release
Date Thu, 25 Apr 1996 20:56:53 GMT

> Exactly what I thought. Maybe we should ask them to post an addendum to
> allay all the unecessary fear they caused.

	I agree. I posted a source patch on apachessl.c2.net but there
are people without compilers bugging me for a binary release with the
patch. I'm not going to go through the hassle of building binaries on
15 platforms for a bug this insignificant-- I'm waiting until I
release my next maintanence release before I do the mega-builds.
An addendum certainly would help lower my harassment level.

> Undermines any credibility they have as a security alerting service.

	I wish.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net