httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: util.c hole and speed of security patch release
Date Thu, 25 Apr 1996 20:56:53 GMT
> Exactly what I thought. Maybe we should ask them to post an addendum to
> allay all the unecessary fear they caused.

	I agree. I posted a source patch on but there
are people without compilers bugging me for a binary release with the
patch. I'm not going to go through the hassle of building binaries on
15 platforms for a bug this insignificant-- I'm waiting until I
release my next maintanence release before I do the mega-builds.
An addendum certainly would help lower my harassment level.

> Undermines any credibility they have as a security alerting service.

	I wish.

> --
>   Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.  (Netcraft Ltd. contractor)
>   Elsevier Science TIS online journal project.
>   Email:
>   Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155

Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
The Internet Privacy Provider			Dialin:  510-658-6376 (or login as "guest")

View raw message