httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_status.c doesn't compile" on SunOS 4.x
Date Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:36:21 GMT
  sprintf() should not be char *. It should be int. At least, that's what my
  man pages say (and always have done). According to my man page, every major
  standard agrees with this!

... and at least one widely used system (SunOS) is in violation of those
standards, and likely to remain so, as the manufacturer continues to believe
after a decade of trying that if they just hold their breath and stamp their
feet hard enough, it will go away.  So, we have to hold our noses and deal
with it.

rst