httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache1.1b1
Date Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:21:15 GMT

> On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Paul Richards wrote:
> > > I've tagged CVS ("APACHE_1_1b1").  End of feature freeze.
> > What exactly did you do, save me checking. What is the plan now?
>
> Just "cvs tag APACHE_1_1b1" to place a marker at the current release.  A
> few months ago it was decided on the list that we didn't need to branch
> after every beta release; There is no need to release a patch to 1.1b1
> that isn't in 1.1b2.  By just tagging it we can still checkout a 1.1b1 in
> the future for bug finding and so on.  When 1.1 is finally released it will
> get a branch for 1.1.1 etc. whilst development continues in the head for
> 1.2 (or 2.0 or whatever).

Ok, that's fine. So we're still in "new development" feature freeze and the
head is actually our next beta release?

There won't ever be a need to branch if this is the way we work unless we plan
to do post-release bug fixes on our last full release.

> > I'm also a bit concerned about the version number bump.
>
> The version number was changed just before the tag.  So the tagged version
> will retrieve exactly what was in the 1.1b1 release.  I guess it should be
> changed back now to "1.1b1-dev".

It should be changed to 1.1b2 since that's what's now being worked
on in the main branch.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155