httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sam...@c2.org
Subject Re: Apache Proxy Module: SSL? (fwd)
Date Tue, 23 Apr 1996 05:17:17 GMT

> Not really. As I understand it, SSL "proxying" is really just
> tunneling the already-encrpted SSL request and response, no actual
> cryptography involved. But I could be wrong.

	How does the SSL proxy request work?

	Client opens TCP to Proxy, says "CONNECT remotehost:portnum"
and then a the proxy connects to remotehost, and then SSL runs between
client and remotehost, where the proxy only passes bits?
	More of a TCP proxy than an SSL proxy, really.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net