httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sam...@c2.org
Subject Apache Proxy Module: SSL? (fwd)
Date Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:41:29 GMT

>Ari Luotonen, the guy who wrote the proxy code for CERN
>and now works for Netscape, provided a patch that allows
>SSL proxies on the CERN server.
>
>I was wondering if there were any plans to include SSL
>proxying in Apache; since the patch code for the CERN
>server is publicly available (and not *too* long), I
>imagine it wouldn't be all that difficult to add that
>functionality.
>
>At least, I can dream, can't I?
>
>See http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Daemon/Patch/SSL.patch

	So the W3C is now exporting crypto code from the US on their
web site, eh? hm...

	In any case, when Apache 1.1 goes to "release" I plan on
releasing a US/Canada version of Apache-SSL based on Apache 1.1, which
will support SSL proxying.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net