httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: API change?
Date Mon, 22 Apr 1996 14:46:07 GMT
> I wouldn't call this an API *change* so much as an *enhancement*;
> the key thing is to try to make it useful for other things as well.
> For instance, if there's a mechanism for modules to go find other
> modules, it would be nice for other modules to be able to inform
> mod_includes of new include commands they might implement, to
> inform mod_log_config of new log file formatting directives they
> might support, and so forth.
>
> rst

Giving modules the ability to communicate features seriously complicates
this enhancement.

It seems it would require us to assign 'classes' to modules.
How do we deal with precedence of duplicate commands?

Adding a uchar to the module structure would accomplish what
I propose, and would probably be needed for an init routine
that would accomplish what RST is suggesting.

Ideas?