httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Random 404's" on FreeBSD
Date Mon, 22 Apr 1996 14:18:46 GMT

> I have seen this before -- it is due to some browsers' inability
> to handle relative URLs after a redirect.  Please note that the URL
>
>     http://www.inlink.com/~creative
>
> is INCORRECT! It should always be
>
>     http://www.inlink.com/~creative/

Where is this stated? I had a problem with NCSA 1.5 last week where a
perfectly valid page was being returned as raw HTML and removing the
trailing slash fixed it. I then re-read your RFC 1808 and couldn't find
anything about trailing / anywhere.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155