httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "ErrorDocument 401 prevents authentication attempts" on FreeBSD (fwd)
Date Mon, 22 Apr 1996 04:52:17 GMT

Another "bug" bites the dust...

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 00:27:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Cuthie <brian@systemix.com>
To: Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com>
Subject: Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "ErrorDocument 401 prevents authentication attempts" on
FreeBSD

Well, I started a long email detailing my failed attempts at making this
work and much to my suprise (why I'm still suprised when this happens is
a mystery of its own) I had not quite set it up correctly. However, the
manifestations of an imporperly formated error redirection are
interesting. I got everything from redirects (which I verified by wacking
at the httpd port by hand) to a just plain text version of the URL (not
the contents of the document the URL pointed to -- literally the URL).

Anyway, I've gotten it to do what I want now and apologize for the
spurious bug report.

Cheers,

Brian

----- End of forwarded message from Brian Cuthie -----