httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.1b1b available
Date Mon, 22 Apr 1996 01:44:48 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> On Sun, 21 Apr 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> > Mark J Cox liltingly intones:

> > > Chuck mentioned that he was having problems with imagemaps and .htaccess
> > > files with 1.1b1 and IRIX.  Both have worked fine with IRIX 5.3 here with
> > > 1.1b1/1.1b1a/1.1b1b.

> > The problems I was having with imagemaps were due to relative URLs in the
> > imagemap files. Changing these to absolute URLs cured the problem.
>
> No, changing them to absolute URLs masked the effects of the problem.  I
> have too many maps with relative URLs to do this, and older versions of
> mod_imap "promised" it would work, implicitly or not.  It's still broken,
> and I'll veto a release until it's fixed....

Alrighty, then, a bug it is.

On IRIX 5.3, I am also still seeing "Document contains no data" back from
the browser when I attempt to connect to a server whose DirectoryIndex
is an htaccess-protected form (like getstats). I am requiring both user
and group to get access, as well as a proper source IP address.

Server dumps core when the page is accessed.

This behavior is occurring also when I use a regular index.html as the
DirectoryIndex. Server is built with SGI's cc.

I'll get a trace from the core dump and see what's up. I used to at least
be able to do this with DirectoryIndex of index.html without dumping core,
in earlier 1.1-dev versions.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath at least
once a year.