httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Automated testing
Date Fri, 19 Apr 1996 22:55:17 GMT
For those who don't know, Cygnus is selling support for Apache as part
of our new "I*Net" product.  In the longer term (read: anything past
the first release :-), we'd like to be able to provide assurances that
Apache is relatively bug-free.  To this end, we're interested in an
automated test suite for Apache.

Does anybody have such a thing?  Do web-server testing applications
exist?

If not, eventually we will probably end up writing one.  If you have
ideas on what sorts of things should be tested, or how, I'd love to
hear them.

>From what I've seen on this list, it appears that Apache is generally
tested by putting it on some heavily-used web sites and seeing what
breaks.  Is this generally accurate?

Disclaimer: I don't speak for Cygnus.  The above represents my own
take on what we plan to do.  Whether, when, and how we will actually
do it is anybody's guess.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom