httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: Further evidence of configure's shortcomings
Date Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:58:42 GMT
Ben> Hmmm ... on Irix 5.3 you have to include <alloca.h> if using
Ben> alloca. Although I can't actually find where the offending
Ben> reference is, there must be one somewhere (and I suspect my
Ben> inability to find it is also configure-related), anyway, I fixed
Ben> it by adding #include <alloca.h> at the top of config.h (I've had
Ben> it with trying to fix configure).

What is there to fix in configure?  Obviously if configure looks for
alloca, and the program ignores that information, then it is a bug in
the program, not configure.

For alloca handling, see the autoconf manual.  It is more complex than
you might thing.  AIX in particular wants a certain #pragma as the
first thing in the file in order for alloca to work.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom