httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: socket failed
Date Fri, 19 Apr 1996 12:54:04 GMT

> > James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:
> > >
> > > I also get tons of socket error: accept failed errors.  The lastest
> > > snapshots change the error from something like:
> > >
> > > 	[Fri Apr 12 12:20:46 1996] socket error: accept failed
> > >
> > > to something like:
> > >
> > > 	[Thu Apr 18 22:29:15 1996] accept: Connection reset by peer
> > > 	[Thu Apr 18 22:29:15 1996] - socket error: accept failed
> > >

> Maybe we should change that log entry to say something like, "client
> closed connection" to stop people worrying about it.

This brings up a topic that I raised a few weeks ago to a silent bunch..

We need to implement logging levels.

I propose adding another field to the server_rec for log_level,
and another parameter to log_error() passing a defined constant
for that particular message. log_error() can then decide if that
level is enable when it's called.

Ideas?