httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: socket failed
Date Wed, 17 Apr 1996 23:03:55 GMT
At 06:39 PM 4/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>[ sticks finger on stove... ]
>
>Aram, when you say that the problems have gotten worse with "each new
>version", do you mean that you've noticed it getting worse over time,
>or that you see problems with the new versions which you have observed
>to go away when reverting to the older releases?
>
>[ pulls finger away... ]

Becareful.. you're burn yourself.

Hmmm I guess both.  It doesn't go away in previous versions, the ratio
between the number of requests and number of socket failures does
go down.   50:1  in (pre 1.0)  vs. 30:1 (1.1beta as of a 4 days ago).

I suspect this is because we're adding more and more "features" to
apache which is turn is "slowing" the server down.  And I use the word
"slowing" with a grain of salt, we're talking miliseconds here, but still
that's the only thing I can attribute it to.

<Aram>