httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_negociation does not compile" on AIX (fwd)
Date Wed, 17 Apr 1996 16:48:32 GMT
Ben> Ooops! Floating point numbers are used to initialize ints. Not
Ben> exactly wrong but definitely suboptimal. But, on the other hand,
Ben> not all these errors are caused by that (some of them are used to
Ben> initialize floats). So I dunno whats going on here, but I'll fix
Ben> the bad initialisations.

>> The compilation of mod_negociation.c fails with:
>> "mod_negotiation.c", line 212.33: 1506-189 (S) Floating point constant 0.0 is not
valid.

I'm not sure, but I think I've heard that at least one AIX compiler
uses the locale to parse numeric constants.  So in some countries
"0.0" would have to be written "0,0".

So this is a compiler bug.  Setting (the env var) LANG=C for the
compile should probably fix it.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom