httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: conditional HTML
Date Wed, 17 Apr 1996 00:28:53 GMT
Ben> If you want an example, I seem to remember emacs 19.30 was quite
Ben> painful to port to SCO 5. I suggest you try it.

Interesting choice... if you look under the hood, the Emacs configure
script figures out the current architecture, and then uses that to
choose from various architecture-specific configuration files.  If you
have the Emacs source around, look in src/s/ and src/m/ to see what I
mean.

I believe Emacs does this for historical reasons -- the Emacs
maintainers didn't want to fully get rid of (or maybe thought they
couldn't, I don't know) the old architecture-based configuration
system.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom