httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: conditional HTML
Date Tue, 16 Apr 1996 01:46:28 GMT
Alexei> One note thought, the getwd() handling needs to be fixed.

I'll fix this up, thanks.

Alexei> On this note, I've noticed a lot of the optional function
Alexei> definitions (strcasecmp and so forth), although I don't need
Alexei> most of them, seem to have disapeared from your source, even
Alexei> though configure checks for their presence (at least, it says
Alexei> it does).

I used AC_REPLACE_FUNCS to check for them.  If the function (eg
strcasecmp) is not found, the appropriate object (eg "strcasecmp.o")
is added to LIBOBJS.  So I just moved these functions into their own
files.

There are other ways to do this, but this one seemed most expedient to
me.  These files should be in the distribution.  Aren't they?

Alexei> Oh. And the Makefile in the support/ directory doesn't seem to
Alexei> compile the C files there, and make install doesn't seem to
Alexei> copy the files (any of them) to the installed location. I'm
Alexei> not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

The stuff in support/ didn't look like it was really supported.  So I
didn't set it up to compile or install.  If it is supposed to work,
then this is fixable.

Alexei> I also think it'd be nice to have a start-server and
Alexei> stop-server script written and thrown into the mix, along the
Alexei> lines of

Alexei> Relatively simple, but especially the latter may be harder for
Alexei> novice users to figure out, and having nicely labeled start
Alexei> and stop "buttons" (if you will), IMO, makes for a more
Alexei> easy-to-use server package. I'm not that familiar with
Alexei> autoconf and make, but it shouldn't be too hard to have make
Alexei> install plug in the appropriate directories and spit out the
Alexei> files, yes?

That is very easy to do.

Thanks for the ideas.  I'll implement them when I start hacking this
stuff again... could be soon, we'll see.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom