httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: rprintf
Date Thu, 11 Apr 1996 20:03:46 GMT
          what happened to rprintf?

Near as I can tell, it went by the boards when David threw in the BUFF
stuff.  It shouldn't be too hard to get back --- it might be if we had
to write the thing from scratch, but adapting the Berkeley libc code
shouldn't be too big a deal.

(If for some reason the Berkeley libc license is objectionable,
there's also the sfio package from Bell Labs, which is another stdio
reimplementation which I have handy; its vprintf code, which I've just
read, is a bit ugly, but shouldn't be too hard to adapt, and its
licensing is basically copy-with-attribution).

Actually, I am getting a bit worried about all of the incompatibilities
that have crept in over the course of time --- yes "it's our API, and we
can change it", but prudence and diplomacy dictate not doing so without
good cause.  In this particular case, and perhaps some others, we might
want to do something about them between the first public beta and 1.1
final...

rst