httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Apache cannot handle multiple encoding types per document (fwd)
Date Wed, 10 Apr 1996 17:44:08 GMT
  I'd put it into the NCSA-compatibility pile. That's why it came up in
  the first place, after all... and I quote, from NCSA 1.5.1:

I think I'm as zealous about maintaining compatibility as just about
anyone here, but that does have its limits, and in the absence of either
clients which make sensible use of the multiple-encoding information, or
clear support from the standards process about how it should be done,
I think that duplicating this particular feature is going a bit too far.
IMHO, of course.

View raw message