httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Release 1.1 + proposal
Date Tue, 09 Apr 1996 17:52:20 GMT

> > > If this idea sounds reasonable, add your OS to this list. When 80% (?)
> > > of them have been tested, we can release it as a public beta... just
> > > an idea.
> >
> > I don't think this is necessary before beta release, not too rigorously
> > anyway.
>
> We need some way to determine that it's safe to release the public beta.
> If you don't like the proposal above, what alternative can you offer?

Hmm, I missed your 80% (had ~500 mail messages in my mailbox after the
holiday here, haven't exactly read every word :-)). I'd more or less agree,
if it's basically working on most platforms then we can beta release it.

> > This is exactly the sort of thing that should take place *during*
> > a beta release though.
>
> That's fine too.

I guess what I thought I was saying is that we should be much more
stringent during beta testing than we were last time, to identify some
of the silly bugs that slipped through in the last release and make
sure all our supported OS's are checked off. You're table/checklist idea
seems sensible for during the beta cycle even more so than before.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155