httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Release 1.1 + proposal
Date Tue, 09 Apr 1996 11:36:21 GMT

> > If this idea sounds reasonable, add your OS to this list. When 80% (?)
> > of them have been tested, we can release it as a public beta... just
> > an idea.
>
> I don't think this is necessary before beta release, not too rigorously
> anyway.

We need some way to determine that it's safe to release the public beta.
If you don't like the proposal above, what alternative can you offer?

> This is exactly the sort of thing that should take place *during*
> a beta release though.

That's fine too.

> When was the beta proposed again?

AFAIK, as soon as everyone has finished making changes (Friday deadline)
no more changes should be made. A snapshot of the
code will be made (a new version name/number might be appropriate), and
everyone can test from that snapshot. Bug fixes will of course be allowed,
then after a week free of explosions, we can do a public release.

That's what I think we've settled on, but I could be wrong.