httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Infoworld
Date Tue, 09 Apr 1996 11:41:44 GMT
> Infoworld just printed a review of six webservers. See
> http://www.infoworld.com/pageone/testcenter/tcenter.html

 ...tcenter.htm

> If you want to mail the author: victor_garza@infoworld.com
>
> 	I already asked Victor why he didn't review the net's most
> popular server and included the press release.

Gosh, have you noticed?  They're all commercial ;) Reviews of this
type (surveys even!) are *sometimes* mechanisms for generating
advertising revenue, just like story-leads in the press.  If I was
trying to stir up some trade I sure wouldn't give much time to a
product that had no financial backing.

Sniping aside, the test is the first one I've seen that attempts
to compare Unix vs NT using similar software.  Perhaps the real
reason Apache isn't in the test is because the NT port isn't
finalised yet?

> Sameer Parekh

Ay.