httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sam...@c2.org
Subject Re: patch for Search, POST-Script, etc...
Date Mon, 08 Apr 1996 17:33:59 GMT

> I'm kinda torn on this. One one side, I agree that the names are a bit
> lacking, asthetically, but on the other hand, they are the names that
> the CERN httpd uses (used?), so it makes some sense to use the same
> names...

	I don't think so. CERN is old and ugly. Do we want to emulate
an old and ugly server? I think most people using the functionality in
Apache will not be familiar with the CERN directives, so we won't win.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net