httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: Release 1.1
Date Fri, 05 Apr 1996 09:20:47 GMT
> I notice that mod_expires.c isn't in the 1.1 dist.  Does anyone
> have any problems with it that I'm not aware of?  Would this be
> the right time to add it to the distributed modules?

It works great, but there's one possible gotcha. I added it to
a configuation file a few weeks back and I think I inserted it
in a 'bad' place. I started Apache and it took out the whole
machine chewing all the CPU and refusing to be killed by
root. Moving the entry to the 'right' place in the configuration
file fixed the problem.

This had slipped my mind. If someone has a development machine they
are willing to sacrifice for a few minutes you can try to reproduce
the problem by randomly positioning the entry. I forget where I had
it, but suspect it was at the end of the file. I was forced to
reboot my machine to recover from this.

View raw message