httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject those nasty file descriptors
Date Thu, 04 Apr 1996 19:49:12 GMT
	I got a call from someone running Solaris and 1.0.3 with about
110-120 virtual hosts, two logfiles per virtual host, who is having
file descriptor problems. I had him make sure setrlimit was setting
the max # of filedescriptors properly, so i beleive that the max#
being set with setrlimit is about 8000.
	Doing a truss, it turns out that the filedescriptors that are
being returned is about 250, etc. This makes me suspicious to think
that an fd is being stored in a char rather than an int. He said he'd
watch carefully to see exactly when it fails.
	Now I seem to recall some discussion of fd's being stored in
the wrong data type, but I thought that was fixed. I'm a bit confused.

Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
The Internet Privacy Provider			Dialin:  510-658-6376 (or login as "guest")

View raw message