httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: the final draft
Date Wed, 03 Apr 1996 11:01:35 GMT

> Umm... would it be appropriate to mention my upcoming WWW5 paper on the
> API in this release?  Just asking.

difficult to see how it fit into that release, but since everyone
had so much fun :-) writing the last one, maybe we should do this
on a regular basis. The next press release could perhaps describe 1.1
features where a reference to the API paper would fit in well. If
we start writing it now, it should be kicked into shape within a week.

Do we have a timetable for 1.1?
How about setting a deadline for feature additions to the cvs
code, say this weekend, and then only allow bugfixes
for a week, then release the results as a public beta?

At the moment, the people who are actively working on the code
(doing an excellent job guys) don't have a deadline, so they
keep churning out new toys for the rest of us and there's no sign
of a 1.1 beta.