httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: draft release
Date Mon, 01 Apr 1996 16:13:49 GMT

> [DRAFT - DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE]
>
>       APACHE GROUP ANNOUNCES THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR WEBSERVER
>
> INTERNET - April 1, 1996 - The Apache Group today announced that
> their popular webserver, Apache, was found by the Netcraft Web Server
> Survey to be the most popular server on the Internet.
>
> The latest Netcraft survey, the most comprehensive market survey of
> webservers on the net, found that Apache and its derivatives owned a
                                                               ^^^^^
                                                              claimed ?
> 29% marketshare as of April 1st, making it more used than any other
> webserver on the market. The NCSA server, which had previously held
> the number one position, now holds a 26% share of webservers surveyed.
>
> Sameer Parekh, President of Community ConneXion, Inc., commented on
> the Apache server's suitability for high-security applications, "Time
> and time again have security incidents on the Internet shown the
> importance of available source code for the deployment of secure
> Internet and Intranet applications. Apache is an excellent example of
> the kind of product which is suitable for high security applications,
> given the fact that the source is fully available, for free." A number
> of SSL implementations are available for Apache, which people can use
> to build secure Enterprise and Internet applications.

Mmm, I'm not sure I like this. Too commercial. A simple quote from
a developer (Alexei ?) would fit in better.

"It keeps me off the streets" commented Alexei .......

:-)

or something like..

"The Apache project is yet another example of the unix internet
community working together to produce state of the art products
that industry so often fails to deliver"

rob