httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache is #1!
Date Mon, 01 Apr 1996 08:16:49 GMT
> I didn't see this mentioned during my 1st pass at the Apache mail this
> morning.....

I didn't send any mail.

> From the Netcraft survey:
>
> 	Apache (2939K)                            43855      29.18
> 	NCSA (2661K)                              39314      26.16
>
> Interestingly...
>
> 	Netscape-FastTrack                        656         0.44
> 	Zeus                                      45          0.03

Mmm, I'm reworking some of the pages for the survey as we speak,
charting Microsoft and Purveyor on the graphs.  This won't affect
the counts at all though, so yes, the survey *did* find more hosts
reporting that they use an Apache webserver than any other.

On a different tack you'll probably see some minor changes in the
way the survey is presented in coming months reflecting a more,
er, commercial ethic.  However it turns out, it won't alter the
essentially unbiased nature of the reporting.

> Mark

Ay.