httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: Zeus (YAIATFWS)
Date Tue, 26 Mar 1996 13:32:00 GMT
Paul wrote:
>Are you saying the benchmark relies on access checks at each level and that
>they do that very well while Apache doesn't?
>
>I remember plans to improve that in Apache, did they ever come to anything?
>The good thing about a published benchmark suite is we can see where Apache
>has problems and fix them, nothing like a challenge :-)

I can't tell what you remember. However, you may be thinking of the
mod which allowed the contents of .htaccess files to be cached for the
duration of a request. This can be useful if the request generates
sub-requests which access the same files; the usuall example is
http://foo/bar/ -> http://foo/bar/index.html

 David.