httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: MD5 Digest auth and other things...
Date Sat, 23 Mar 1996 16:01:00 GMT
>> > Are we allowed to steal things from NCSA 1.5???
>>
>> I just talked to Beth, and yes, Apache is allowed to steal whatever they
>> want from 1.5 as long as its attributed.
>
>Great! I left in the copyright notice at the top, exactly how it was in
>the file, is that acceptable as attribution?

I'm not convinced you've got the attribution right, although it may not
matter. At the top of the file, it claims (C) Apache Group -- which must
be wrong. This is followed, in sequence, by
(C) Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, with subsequent caveats,
    and then
(C) Jeff Hostetler, Spyglass, Inc. (no licence supplied)
(C) Carnegie Mellon University (licence allows its use in Apache)
(C) Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) (licence allows Apache
    use but does not expressly allow sale)
Attributions to John G. Myers and Martin Hamilton are also included, without
any copyright being asserted.

All this for 78 lines of C source...

 David.